Many of the features in Office are geared toward saving and sharing files online. Microsoft OneDrive is online storage space you can use to save, edit, and share your documents and other files.
- To get started with OneDrive, all you need to do is set up a free Microsoft account, if you don’t already have one.
- If you don’t already have a Microsoft account, you can go to the Creating a Microsoft Account lesson in our Microsoft Account tutorial.
- Once you have a Microsoft account, you’ll be able to sign in to Office. Just click Sign in in the upper-right corner of the Excel window.
Benefits of using OneDrive
After sign in procedure follow the points below:
- Access your files anywhere: When you save your files to OneDrive, you’ll be able to access them from any computer, tablet, or smartphone that has an Internet connection. You’ll also be able to create new documents from OneDrive.
- Back up your files:Even if something happens to your computer, OneDrive will keep your files safe and accessible.
- Share files: It’s easy to share your OneDrive files with friends and coworkers.This option is great for collaboration because multiple people can edit a document at the same time.
Saving and opening files
- After you sign in both saving options will appear i,e computer and OneDrive.
- OneDrive allows you to acccess from anywhere.
For example, when you click Save As, you can select either OneDrive or This PC as the save location.